We’re pretty excited to announce an addition for this Hoops4Horoes 2017 – we’ll be opening a 3-point shootout contest on one of the half-courts from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.!
The minimum donation to enter is $10, which can be paid on-site, or via the CrowdRise Fundraising page. 100% of donations will go to Wounded Veterans Relief Fund. The winner will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card thanks to our sponsor, The Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, P.A.!
Here are the rules!
3-Point Shootout Contest Rules
- Each shooter has 60 seconds to shoot five balls from five racks positioned around the 3-point line (two on either side, and one at the key.) One entry per shooter, and the shooter pays the entry fee.
- Shooters must start at one of the two wing positions, and move around the key. The clock will start when the first shot is released.
- Each shot is worth one point. The fifth ball in every rack is the “money ball”, and is worth 2 points.
- Both feet must be behind the 3-point line the entire 60 seconds.
- Total score is determined by adding up all the points of completed baskets.
- Tie-breakers will be determined as follows:
- Highest number of money ball shots wins first tie-breaker
- Highest percentage of completed shots from any single rack wins the second tie-breaker (1/5 = 20% and 5/5=100%)
- Final tie-breaker is a sudden death shootout from the top of the key. First to miss losses.